Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Just how hard could it be?

Now, is this how hard it would be? 

How do you actually create a blog and keep it going?  

I’m sure veteran bloggers would first laugh out wild hearing this and then pensively start telling me how hard the whole blogging thing is! Seriously, it’s been over a month since I first signed up for this thing and it’s only today that I can barely scribble a few things on it in the name of a maiden post. 

Yes, a month, yet I already find myself asking how I landed into this nightmare; how I enrolled myself into Guantanamo; how I opted for the guillotine!  A month, and I’ve been wondering ‘what were you thinking boy’?  The only thing that now appears real to me is the fact that I can get rid of that initial illusion that blogging was easy, convenient and delightful. I’ve replaced it with a more realistic one: It takes true sacrifice, enormous effort and considerable time to run a blog. It’s doesn’t appear to be something you simply do for your convenience and at your leisure but what you must do even when the tide of convenience is against you and the issues up the mind are so unprecedented and speedy for you to literary catch up. This means I need a step way above passion, true commitment and total devotion to keep the blog not just operational but sensible…and I mean each of these words! It’s more of a self challenge, a test to who you assume you are and what you fantasize you stand for. 

It needs psychological stability, mental and physical strength; all of which we rarely afford to have enough most of the time. 

The issues I seek to represent in this blog are surely the only source from which these values would be drawn. The hope that they’ll make sense and bring a difference, at least to the life of a single person, group, organization or government empowers and inspires me even further, for no matter how hard it might be, it is only in sharing that we all can arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment